A Sojourner is a Christian man or woman who chooses to live a non-vowed relationship with the Clinton Franciscan Family. This relationship is a five-year renewable non-canonical covenant.
To realize more fully one's baptismal commitment to follow Jesus Christ, the Sojourner offers her/his life and gifts to the mission of the congregation of the Sisters of St. Francis, Clinton, Iowa.
A Sojourner is called to become ever more attentive to the Gospel as lived by Francis and Clare as they study Scripture and the Franciscan Traditions. He/she will deepen one's own prayer life, embracing a simple way of life, fostering relationships as we work together to promote the corporate mission of Active Nonviolence and Peacemaking
A Sojourner shares community within the Clinton Franciscan Family, deepening her/his own spiritual life as she/he learns more about scripture and how Francis and Clare lived in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.
Sojourners will participate in:
· Making a Following in the Footsteps of Francis and Clare weekend.
· Developing relationships with sisters, associates and other sojourners
· Joining local community for morning or evening prayer when possible
· Reading various book on Francis and Clare
· Reading and praying the scriptures on a regular basis
· Visiting the Canticle, the home of Sisters of St. Francis
Sojourners attending Commissioning 2016